Frequently asked Questions about Collagen Stimulation Therapy / Skin Needling
What is the Skin Needling?
Skin Needling creates a multitude of tiny puncture wounds to the dermis which induces the release of growth factors that stimulate the production of new collagen and elastin. Creating dermal damage without removal of the healthy epidermis, as with other resurfacing techniques, means the healing time is rapid and does not cause any comparable pain. Results are quick and will last. The Dermal roller induces collagen synthesis by creating micro-punctures in the epidermis without compromising its integrity, without a prolonged down time and without a high risk of complications. Finally, the Dermal roller is also the most cost-effective way of skin regeneration when compared to other therapies
What is Skin Needling used for?
· To restore firmness and tightness to flaccid skin. A less invasive alternative to small face-lift and eye-lifting procedures (great results in the skin above the eyes can be achieved due to natural elevation of eyebrows as a result of healing)
· To thicken the epidermis and enhance dermal compactness Suitable alternative to ablative resurfacing treatments in patients with thin skin A virtually painless and cost-effective treatment alternative to non-ablative laser therapy (i.e. Fraxel)
· To smooth wrinkles, lines and folds Suitable alternative for injections with collagen, hyaluronic acid and other types of dermal fillers due to natural synthesis of collagen, elastin and other components of intracellular matrix
The first roller available was the size 0.2 mm Roll Cit, which is used for the aid in a delivery system of skin care in to the skin, the 0.2mm was the brain wave of Dr Des Fernandes and he invented it to help with the penetration of Environ Skin Care. Dr Fernandes knew he had a skin care that worked and wanted a way to get his active ingredients in to the lower layers of the epidermis to help feed the skin cells. The Roll-Cit alone will not stimulate collagen, the application of the Environ Skin Care will aid in collagen stimulation due to the active ingredients.
We have been selling the 0.2 mm for home care use for many years now and ONLY with the Environ Skin Care. It becomes part of your homecare routine if you want your skin to look the best it can.My advice is be careful as to what you buy over the internet and then be even extra careful as to what skin care you use with your home care roller. Please keep in Mind Dr Fernandes invented the 0.2mm home care Roll-Cit for ONLY IN AIDING PENATRATION OF ENVIRON he knows the relationship his skin care has with the cells of the skin.
Can any one have the treatment?
It is advisable to be on Environ Skin Care for at least one month before and we would like you to have an Environ Skin treatment before we will treat you, this is not a sales ploy but a vital ingredient in achieving a stronger healthier skin. Active acne is an untreatable condition, Certain drugs, diabetes, any blood conditions, if you suffer from cold sores we may not be able to treat the lip area.
Before the treatment?
In your first Environ Skin treatment we will test your skin with the anaesthetic cream and test the roller to give you an idea of the procedure.
What should I expect?
We will cleanse your skin and apply an anaesthetic cream to the area to be treated, this stays on for 1/2 an hour to 45mins. Once the area is numb we will start to roller the skin. We will then apply some Environ Vitamin A & C products. as well as leave you with detailed home care.
We advise you to give us 2hrs of your day. Your skin can be VERY RED upon leaving and you are not able to wear make up for 24/48 hrs. You may wish to have use of the relaxation room to allow the redness to reduce. We will only advise Environ skin care to be used for 72hrs and under no circumstance apply any thing to your skin unless we have said. Your skin can feel hot and even sun burnt this will subside after 24 hours.
How often do I come in?
You can come back within 3/4 weeks and we advise you do 6 in all. After you finish your 6th you will keep noticing you skin improve for 2 months. We advise you to carry on with your Environ treatments and after 3 months we can do another Medical roller.
Are there any side effects?
Apart from a red, may be a sore face, no we have not experienced any adverse side effects, as long as you follow our home care advice.
- No make up for 48hrs
- If a sunny day do not sit in the sun and wear RAD sun cream if you are outside even a hat.
- Only use Environ on your skin for the first 4 days
- Do not apply anything else on the skin unless we have advised you to.
- If skin is sore and tight apply Essenti A or moisture gel. Apply your Environ Skin care that night and treat skin as normal. Do not use your cosmetic roller for 4 nights.